Casgliadau Arlein
Amgueddfa Cymru
Chwilio Uwch
Ridgway & Sons
John and William were sons of Job Ridgway. In 1802 they joined their father's Cauldon Place works (1802 was when the works were built), in 1808 they became partners and in 1813, when Job died, the brothers continued in partnership. They also inherited the Bell Works from their Uncle George. This partnership ended in 1830 with John taking the Cauldon Works and William retaining the Bell Works. John Ridgway ran the Cauldon Works on his own and also with his son and other partners, including his son in law Francis Morley.
William Ridgway operated six factories in the Hanley area, including: Cobden Works, High Street Works, Church Bank Works and the Broad Street Works. He retired in 1854 in ill health and financial difficulty. Like many of his family members he was a member of Bethesda Chapel in Albion Street, Hanley.
Nid yw sylwadau ar gael ar hyn o bryd. Ymddiheuriadau am yr anghyfleustra.